AlphaChem Accelerator, Frostproofer & Hardener is a heat-generating accelerator for cement-based mixes. Its principal uses are to facilitate the production of high early strength concrete, cement render and mortar. It is suitable for use as an aid to cold weather working when the heat generated will offset the retarding effect of low temperatures.
AlphaChem Accelerator, Frostproofer & Hardener may be used in blockwork, render, solid construction brickwork, mortar, flooring and screeds. It is particularly effective when used in the construction of new flooring in conjunction with AlphaChem Concrete Hardener & Dustproofer as a surface treatment. This combination gives increased wear resistance and rapid commissioning.
• Mix with gauging water in proportions 2.5 litres Accelerator, Frostproofer & Hardener to 22.5
litres water up to 5 litres to 20 litres. Equivalent usage equates to 2.5 to 5 litres per 50kg of cement with an optimum rate of 20 litres per cubic metre of the mix when producing large quantities.
When working in cold weather the following precautions must be taken:
• Always cover aggregates and sand and ensure they are free from frost.
• Ensure water is not frozen and contains no ice, if possible, in very cold weather use warm water.
• Cover finished work to contain generated heat and keep covered for at least 48 hours. Keep the gauging water to a minimum and always use good concreting practice in accordance with current codes of practice.
Store upright in cool, dry conditions, ideally between +5°C & +40°C.
Indefinite when stored in original, unopened packaging.
• As the manufacturer cannot know all the uses its products may be put to, it is the user’s responsibility to determine the suitability of use.
• Read the label prior to use for health and safety information, important to read the safety data sheet for detailed information prior to using.