Tech Seal PU is a single component, high performing liquid polyurethane membrane that cures to form a tough and seamless membrane which offers a strong and durable waterproof coating.
Tech Seal PU is recommended for use on flat roof overlay systems and can be used on traditional built-up roofing in both new construction and refurbishment projects. Its cold-applied seamless finish makes it ideal for roofs, green roofs, balconies, terraces, podium decks and gutters and as a detailing product for other roofing systems, including asphalt, bituminous felt, concrete, single ply, and metal surfaces
- Fast Curing. Rain Proof after 2 hours, Cured after 4 hours
- Single Component / No Mixing
- Light grey Base Coat / Dark Grey Top Coat
- No primer for old Bitumen or Asphalt roofs
- 2 Coat System – Fully Reinforced
- Easy Application
- Application by Roller or Brush or Airless Spray
- BBA certified 18/5537
How to Apply
1. Clean substrate of any loose materials, dirt, grease etc and dry the surface.
2. Do not apply any Primer or Base Coat to a wet surface
3. Tape and fill in any joints/cracks with PU Sealant.
4. Where a primer is required – apply as per the instructions, and allow the primer to dry.
5. Apply the Base Coat of 1 kg per sq m to all upstands and roof outlets/details, While the Base Coat is wet, roll in the FG Mesh and make sure the reinforcement is saturated.
6. Apply the Base Coat of 1 kg per sq m to all the flat areas and again roll in the FG Mesh Reinforcement and make sure this reinforcement is saturated, Allow to dry (4- 5 hours depending on the temperature and humidity )7. After the Base Coat is dry inspect the Base Coat to see if any FG Mesh is sticking up/Wicking – and if so sand/abrade the fibres to achieve a flat finish.
8. Apply the final dark grey Top Coat of 1 kg per sq m over all the upstands/Roof-Outlets/details and then over all the flatroof area.