Cromar Alpha Chem Acoustic Fire Rated Intumescent Sealant is a high quality, one part, flexible 4 hour fire rated sealant used for sealing linear joints and gaps in walls and floors to maintain the acoustic, air and fire-resistant performance of a compartment.
Our Fire Rated Intumescent Sealant also has excellent sound reduction properties, offering a reduction of 63dB and fire tested in accordance with EN1366-4 in joints up to 50mm.
• Offers up to 63dB sound reduction
• Tested in accordance with EN1366-4
• Classified in accordance with EN13501-2
• For use in joints up to 50mm
• Easy tooling
• No slump
• Good adhesion to most construction substrates
• No priming required with most construction substrates
• Paintable when fully cured
• For sealing connecting, expansion and perimeter joints
• To form an acoustic barrier when sealing joints in plasterboard/flexible walls, ridged floors, metal stud work and blockwork
• For sealing joints to maintain compartmentation within a building, including air permeability and acoustics
• Fill any gaps or voids with a suitable backing tape or rod.
• For good adhesion to surfaces, ensure all surfaces are clean, sound, dry and free from dust, grease or other contaminants. Ensure surfaces have not been pre-treated with any primers or coatings.
• Ensure the site conditions are within the application specification.
• Apply sealant cartridge with a sealant gun, or foil with a foil applicator gun, and tool down using a spatula wetted with water to produce a professional finish.
• Tools should be cleaned immediately after use.
• Tack free within 30 minutes, curing 2mm per 24 hours dependent on conditions.
• It is the user’s responsibility to dispose of all packaging correctly.
Store in cool, dry conditions between +5°C and +25°C, off the floor.
18 months when stored in original, unopened packaging.
• It is the user’s responsibility to ensure suitability for use.
• Please read the label before use as this contains essential safety information, Product Safety Sheet available on request.